The 9th GST Council Meeting held on January 16, 2017 was chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in order to address the various unresolved GST issues.
- Finally, the issue of deadlock between the Centre and the states on the issue of “cross empowerment”, or dual control of assesses, and who will exercise control over them. that remained unresolved for a long time, came to a common agreement.
- States will evaluate and administer 90% of the assesses with an annual turnover of INR 15 million or less. The remaining 10% with an annual turnover of INR 15 million or less will be controlled by the centre. The liability to control and administer assesses with an annual turnover of more than INR 15 million will be shared by the centre and states in a 50:50 ratio.
Download original PDF of 9th GST Council Meeting Minutes